Wireless Power Certified
Active-Semi's WPC Qi-Certified (version 1.1.2) single-IC based wireless power transmitter solution provides customers with the highest efficiency and lowest stand-by power design available today. The solution works for charging 5W USB powered devices such as, smart phones, mobile devices and portable electronics. This solution also offers the smallest BOM count to reduce the design footprint.
Active-Semi offers the following wireless charging solutions: 5W WPC A11 Solution for smartphone and mobile devices, 5W WPC A6 Solution for smartphones and mobile devices, and WPC Medium Power (15W, and scalable to 65W transmitted power) Solution for tablets and laptops.
Active-Semi is a member of all three major power standards, namely, Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), Power Matters Alliance (PMA) and A4WP.
Active-Semi WPC Solution kit EP5220HPA11-1 features PAC5220WP Power Application Controller™ IC which handles all functions of wireless charging including receiver selection & identification, communication & control, power transfer, guided placement through blinking LED, and audio feedback using a piezoelectric buzzer. It also monitors input and output power for load regulation, uses WPC version 1.1 Foreign Object Detection (FOD), and provides over-current and over-temperature protection.
The turnkey solution and reference design comes with preloaded firmware for power transfer, protection, guided positioning and other functions to perform right out-of-box, and allow customers to perform fast prototyping of their end-product. In addition, the preloaded firmware also allows customization of user features, enabling customers to differentiate their end-products.
Power Application Controller™ IC technology, which is at the heart of this solution, also offers excellent scalability to other WPC configurations, is capable of supporting much higher power levels beyond 5W, and is also suitable for implementing other standards such as PMA using the same platform.
For more details and samples, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Products Supporting Wireless Power Applications
There are several different evaluation kits for Wireless Power Charging all using Active-Semi's PAC5220WP IC. Currently, Active-Semi offers the following wireless charging solutions:
- 5W WPC A11 Solution for smartphone and mobile devices
- 5W WPC A6 Solution for smartphones and mobile devices
- WPC Medium Power (15W, and scalable to 65W transmitted power) Solution for tablets and laptops
5W WPC A11 WIRELESS CHARGER
- Up to 75 percent transmitted efficiency
- Ultra-low standby power under 50mW
- Excellent EMI performance meeting FCC Class B
- Complete WPC-1.1.2 Firmware including Foreign Objection Detection (FOD), guided positioning with LEDs and Buzzer
- Lowest solution cost bill of material including optional Active-Semi FETs
- Built-in surge protection
- Support for wide-input DC (up to 54V) and universal AC input with on-chip SMPS controller
- Scalable MCU based solution to enable products with multi-coils, multi-modes, and medium / higher power levels up to 150W
- Platform scalable to PMA in dual-mode
5W WPC A6 3-COIL WIRELESS CHARGER
- PAC5220WP Based Single-IC Solution
- 12 VDC Input. No Additional Power Supply Components Needed
- 3 Half-H Bridge Coil Drivers
- Also Works With Single A6 Coil
15W MEDIUM POWER CHARGER
Qi-Compatible MP Transmitter EVK:
- PAC5220 Single-IC based WPC 15W MP Transmitter
- Supports the WPC MP specification (v0.9) (15W)
- Backward compatible to the WPC LP specification (5W)
- Firmware programmable via SWD
- GUI configurable via UART
- Full-bridge drive stage, Minimal external signal conditioning
- Uses MP-01 WPC coil specifications
MP Receiver EVK:
- Demo Receiver based on PAC5223 IC to work with WPC MP Transmitter
- Small 7 cm x 5 cm form factor
For more info, email email@example.com.
Buy at Buy at Buy at Other Distributors